Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standard brick mount

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by David Wright, Aug 10, 2012.

1. David Wright

David Wright Active Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wyandotte, Mi
    I seem to have issues from time to time with Gemini.
    Standard brick mount from them is 2 5/8" on center but the last few times I really checked it seems brick is 2 3/4". Brick itself is 2 1/2 by 8 or so.

What is everybody's experience on this?

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    My experience is that bricks vary both in thickness and mortar line thickness. There may be a "standard" but actual field results vary. Best to measure and spec the space.

3. Moze

Moze Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    What Bill said....brick and mortar dimensions vary - just depends on the type of brick (there are a few common types used that vary slightly in size) and the brick layer (mortar joint thickness will vary obviously).

The brick on commercial structures typically measures from 2½" to 3" high by 8" wide (center of mortar to center of mortar).