• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Star Media Poly Banner on Latex

TZahn

I'm running Star media paoly banner 7.5 mill on my HP L260 and I'm getting these weird marks at the beginning foot or so on the print. It does eventually go away. I’m currently using White Satin Poster Paper at the RIP and Paper Solvent at the Printer. Any thoiughts on what might be causing this??
upload_2020-2-24_8-46-21.png

dypinc

Looks like contamination on the media. Have you cleaned the pinch rollers or anything else the media comes in contact with. Also try wiping the the media with alcohol.

johnschleich

We went through this issue on and off for years. Tried different settings and we'd be OK for awhile, but the issue always seemed to come back. We have an L260 and a L26500 and are running Onyx.

We came across the "fix" when our HP dealer, who also prints to the trade, told us that they solved the issue by selecting under the HP tab in Onyx and select "HP Everyday Matte Polypropylene". Make sure that you set your printer correctly - should be on "Low temp"

Axs

Hey, I'm from TG and I would imagine since this is our house brand you likely have received this from one of our locations. There's always a possibility that the roll might be defective, though from what you are describing this might be printer related. If you are unable to resolve the issue please either PM me or call the office you purchased the roll from.

EDIT: Oddly enough I just found out that there might be an off-shoot of this brand sold in the states, so maybe you didn't get it from us after all. Sorry for the confusion..