• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Started a sign business need help

avboy5000

I have worked in sign shops but have always did the grunt work , I have did vinyl work, built channel letters by hand and did screen printing but have never got a chance to use the plotter or vinyl cutters or computer programs. Now I am wanting to start my own signshop and I am needing some advice on what to get, I am not looking for the "best equipment" or the "best vendor", I would just like some input on the vendor and equipment I am considering using, I am thinking of going with signwarehouse.com and I am starting off buying the (does anyone know if there is anydifference in a digital servo motor and a quality stepper motor) and I am also considering using Oracal Vinyl. Could I get some input on this equipment, Thanks

WVB

This topic has been done to death. Don't be disappointed if you do not get a large response. You can always use the "search" function from the top to find answers to this topic.

signwarehouse has great prices. Horrible customer service/tech support turn around time.

Oracal (352 chrome, 651/751/851)is mainly what I use in house. I also use FDC films with great results.

Stay with a name brand cutter such as Graphtec, Summa or Roland you will be fine. Great companys include Fellers for supplies and Advantage Sign Supply for supplies & equipment, SignsUSA is also nice people.

HardbargerSigns

Fellers is GREAT, I met Frank, the owner, a very down to earth guy.
The prices are fair, the customer service is good, and a large product line. You can sign up for a customer # and get a PDF of the catalog WITH or without prices.