• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Started my flatbed mounting table

Justinglinn

Here is my work so far. I was wondering if anyone has sourced pnumatics and a large rubber roller like a cold laminating roller or something like that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 184

2B

have you looked at buying an order cold lamination machine?

that will provide a lot of the guts needed

rubo

as for rollers - there are some junkyards carrying old offset press rollers - they come in all sizes both in length and girth, so you should be able to find what you looking for - unfortunately don't have an address or phone for you - use to make laminators out of them, but it was looong time ago...Ask a local offset printer where do they trow the old rollers. For "pnumatics" get couple of linear actuators

Z SIGNS

You can also get a lot of the parts you need from McMaster.

Here is a flatbed table we built out of a cannibalized diage laminator and sign extrusions.

Never finished it with the pneumatics cause it worked so great as is.
The gantry has 4 heavy duty bearings on each side it moves like butter and it laminates 4x8s flawlessly.
The springs provide the tension and if I need to raise the roller it pivots on an axle.

I believe if your doing one offs a rig like this is the only way to go.

In the mean time you could always get yourself a big squeegee from Dale.
It's a great tool to have for others applications.

Good luck on your table.Once you get it going you will wonder how you survived without it.

100_0069.jpg 100_0067.jpg 100_0068.jpg

JustinKaise

Save yourself a LOT of time and energy - use T-Slotted Aluminum for the table - googi

Here is my work so far. I was wondering if anyone has sourced pnumatics and a large rubber roller like a cold laminating roller or something like that?

I see a lot of people looking into making these - here is a thought: Google T-slotted aluminum. We used to have 2x4 tables etc. in our shop - and we had nice tables made from the T-Slotted (comes in ALL sizes and specs) - and we put out table together in about 1 hour with just an allen wrench (they gave us). The stuff seems expensive - but the dealers give you a price about half whats online price lists, and you can add-on, take off, put compressed air right into the sides, its amazing. One BIG thing we noticed - our customers treat us more seriously now that our shop loooks 100% professional with the t-slotted tables. Our LARGE table - cost us about $2000.00 - with shelves and it was made into a kit for us - they did all the engineering for free - and all the cutting, everything - we screwed it together and you could easily park a car on our table. ANYHOW I think when I start to look into a roller applicator project I'll do the T-Slotted - they even make slide rails for it. Then I'll buy a cheap heat-assist chineee laminator off ebay (new) for $1500 - and take the rollers out (you'll have a spare then), and wire a plug to heat it up if I want heat or unplug and get the wires out of the way when not needed.

I'd love to see all the projects out there - an engeneer told me the air controls are tricky - they look simple but NOT - if valves are not right it'll smash right thru the table in an instant! lol - but def. NOT worth the $20K they charge - so worth building. Keep at it and keep us posted please

JP4

Is this the company you used for your tables? http://www.tslots.com/

Please post some photos or videos of your work tables. I'm in the process of researching and buidling a work table with a lam.

Thanks for the info!