• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Starting Monday off right ... HP9000 question

IIDave

I just took over the printing roll and am having trouble printing a retractable banner. We have an HP9000 and we are printing to Lexjets 9 Mil Display Film ... I printed it last week and there is some very light banding going on throughout the piece ... I did all the calibrations and cleaning that I know of, and that are talked about in the book for the issues. Does anybody have any other ideas?

I'm posting this on Sunday night and hope that I can start my week off without a huge headache.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Typestries

welcome to my world! Seriously, the DJ9000 is a solid machine, despite it's quirks.

What pass mode are you running in?

Are you watching the spit stripe as it is laid down to monitor which color is dropping out, if any? If no dropout it may be a temperature issue......

have you adjusted temps to manufacturer recomm. or to a trial and error at all?

if it's in fact a drop out issue you can watch happen as that spit is printed, did you clean heads?

have dampers ever been replaced?
how many miles are on it? Head voltages may need adjust if it's a high mileage machine

Sometimes ours benefits from a wash printheads cycle, it causes the ink pumps to run and increases the forward pressure a bit.

Check your capping station, are the caps draining? Put some solv in the caps, park the heads, the solv should disappear.

This should give you an idea on where to start looking for issues. Since you just started with the machine, sadly there may be more than one causing your problem.

Typestries

BTW, that stupid book is useless......

service mode: go offline then cancel shift cancel cancel

pass: left right shift ... enter

dont change anything without writing it down first.....!