• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Starting out in the print industry

Plopez210

Hey guys,

Ive been working in industry for a few years now I really learned alot about everything production, sales, materials, designing, Whose got what, etc and eventually managed a shop. Ive decided that Im ready to start out on my own.

Was wondering if i could maybe here some war stories from some of you big time vets out there from back when yall where in my postion?
how was your road to success? any tips/advice? how to bring in clients? Cold Calling? Door to door? Google? etc

My city has a thriving market I see my affiliate shops everywhere scrambling to keep up. Im ready for a slice of the action

Thanks in advance

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For what's it's worth, my starting out will not reflect anything you could use in your portfolio in the least. Other than hard work, sweat and determination, you're kinda on your own.

So, start knocking on doors and getting your name in front of people's faces. I never had to compete with near as much competition, [or what is called competition today], internet, thievery, hacks, expensive equipment or a lousy economy. America was a good safe place for the most part and we all knew our limits and acted/worked accordingly.

Good Luck............... :thumb: