• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Starting out!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
In Illy you would draw 1/4 of that, rotate and copy 45 degrees, "CMND D" 3 times and done.....

seems like the thread police are out in full force....

skunkplow

LOL... geezz..

Where did I say I drew that logo myself? I would like those of you who are saying that I am trying to pass off the metallica logo as my own to quote my post where I say something like that.

I googled the image. Thought I was clear, and was just using it as an example.

Looks like some of you (cough oldpaint) have some of the highest horses I've ever seen.

skunkplow

I've used Draw, photoshop, paint shop pro before. You are right, they are very powerful programs for graphic design.

If anyone doesn't have photoshop, you can download "The Gimp" which is basically a clone of photoshop, but built for linux. I had it on my old PC, and I liked it a lot.

skunkplow

Autocad 2000. Had it for years (obviously).

I got it for fifty bucks at the local vocational school quit offering the course.

Service Sign Co

Was it worth the upgrade? more icons? . I'm sure they still have the command option. Just don't use it much anymore. Corel has all the snap to midpoint,etc 50.00 is that the LE version, good price on a 4,000.00 program

Cadmn

taught college Autocad & others for 4 years before doing signs & graphics & Autocad would be a real PITA for sign design & production as far a cutters/plotters using it they were designed origionally for bluelines /drafting I had Mutoh at the college beforthe cutters really came out the edge was the system back then. If your a draftsman use Autocad. for graphics No use the right program to fit the need,if you learned Acad the corel isn't hard & will cut straight to Roland & others

Service Sign Co

I had a 14 pen (or maybe it was 13) HP plotter friction fed, what a pain. If a line was off a 32nd of an inch you had to start over. The good news was all the pens were exactly like the Roland Cam 1. The rest of the machine went to the curb