• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

StartUp Cost

gnatt66

I recently 'got started' in a legit sign making business venture. Most vets here would consider me a 'vinyl jockey' as I have no immediate plans to work on electric signs, large commercial jobs, etc. After getting a handle on the Adobe suite for a few years (web design, etc) I bought my first chinese cutter (worked, but WAY slow) and started in my basement.

20 months later and I've got 20k worth of equipment here (still not enough) and a business that hold's it's own ONLY because I have it in with another business and can work it into my daily routine. It's growing nice and steadily, no complaints here.

I'd hate the thought of buying all the stuff necessary, have the complete learning curve to even produce stuff that's marketable and appropriate for the use, AND have all the overhead of being out there without a net. HELL NO.

my advice....buy a cheap cutter, good software, outsource printing and see what kinda $$ you can make from your kitchen first.