• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

state laws on lettering size?

ESBG

is anyone familiar with state specific rules re: lettering size? we have a prospect client who indicated their current vehicles (partial wrap with spot lettering) were pulled over by state troopers in NY for "their lettering being too large"!?

J Hill Designs

usually its to the discretion of the trooper...

Here in cali, my girlfriends boss called CHP to see if it was legal to drive while drinking no-alcoholic beer, and got both answers (yes and no) from the same precinct (receptionist, manager, chief, etc...) they pretty much said that it is up to the trooper

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Never heard of that one, but I guess FedEx, Sears and some of the other big guys better rethink their artwork.

Marlene

call the NY state police and ask them where to find the info since they were the ones who pulled this guy over, they should know where to find the law so you can see what it says. seems like if there is a law with requirements, it wouldn't be hard to find as people would need the info to comply.