• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

State Licensing - Pennsylvania

Why is it so difficult to get licensed in PA?
Has anyone else had this problem or know of anything that might help speed up the process?
We are a sign engineering firm and the last state we need licensing in is PA. We're excluding AK.
Any help or advice would be nice.
See attached

Attachments

• state map-Model.jpg
    state map-Model.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 174

Jillbeans

...as far as I know, there IS no state licensing in PA.
Anyone can make and install signs here.
That's why there are so many hacks.
(not talking about electric signs)
:Big Laugh
My business is registered with the state and I do have liability insurance, though.
Love....Jill

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Hi Jill,

I think they are trying to get a license for engineering... YJ Specializes in
engineering signs, quite a few of my clients use YJ.

http://www.dos.state.pa.us/portal/s...ngineers,_land_surveyors_and_geologists/12510

-------

You are required to have an electrical sign contractors license for electrical signs.
I believe in PA, Cities, not the state have jurisdiction over that. When a sign is
a certain height or is within the bounds or pulling a permit, the city may require
engineering.

John L

Hey we might be cuzin lovin dutchies but at least we do require engineer licensing! good news I think they do reciprocate with many states but sorry, no exam proxy.. you'll have to exam here.