• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

State of YOUR economy- year of 2011

What was YOUR 2011 like?

• Total voters

Gene@mpls

I am interested to know how 2011 was for our industry. The
recovery seems steady but slow in Minnesota. If you would like to
indicate your state or region that would be great also.

Great Year!
Very good year
Above average year
Average year
Below average year
Lousy year
Good Riddance 2011

Malkin

Very good for us. We were up 21% over the previous year and also cut down on overhead.

Some of the other shops in our area have not been as fortunate, and at least 1 closed.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
we were only up 6% over last year, but we lost a whale this year that was 40% of our business for 10 years. the fact that we were up after losing such a large client has made my year!

also, even with adding a HP latex machine late in the year, we still cut expenses by 12%

my hopes for the new year will be to expand one part of my business that has been 50% of my income and attempt to get the whale back.... 2012 sould be interesting

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Last year was our biggest year ever. This year, we were up all the away around, but not quite as much as last year. There's always room for improvement. Started a campaign towards the end of the year, which looks promising for next year. Already have quite a few bites and nibbles. Here's hoping it pays off.

Good Luck and a Happy Prosperous New Year

Pat Whatley

Not back to where it was but certainly improving. Going in a very good direction to start the year off. Businesses seem to be starting to spend money to take care of stuff they had to put off the last couple of years.

Like Darlak I lost my biggest customer but I'm not sure at this point if I'm even going to miss them. It's looking like I'm better off without them. We'll see what spring brings.

royster13

Sales up 7 1/2%....Margins up 6% due to better exchange rates and hungrier suppliers....Marketing expenses down 3% because of more re-orders from existing clients.....So despite the struggles of 2011, i will take another year like it....

Techman

I had a very good 2011.
Business doubled.
Income greatly improved.
All debt paid off.
Paid cash for a new car for wife on our anniversary.
Finished year with a positive amount in the bizz check account.

cdiesel

Sales increased just shy of 70% over 2010, and 2010 was almost double 2009. Cash flow was good, overhead and expenses were inline, made a few cash equipment purchases. 2012 is looking like it's going to be a good year too.

Happy New Year!