• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

State sign license in texas

david lewicki

Is there anyone on here that is a sign company in Texas with the installers license? I am a company in Michigan looking to put up a sign in the great state of Texas but I need someone with a state license to help pull their permit. I can give you more details after we hopefully can talk on the phone at some point. It’s a real simple sign that is installed ground level with no electricity.
Work will be done in Crowley, Texas. I have installed many of these signs in the past, just not in Texas. You don’t need to help installing it but you can be as involved in the installation as you want. The company I’m working with already has 99% of the sign permit filled out. They just need a name and a license.

JBurton

Signtologist
Not sure about the fine folks in TX, but most won't put their name on a permit without A) getting a piece of the action, and B) without being able to verify what the other company actually did during installation.
Or it could be the wild west, with everyone and their mother pulling permits for each other...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There is no state license needed for non-illuminated signs. You likely need to register with the municipality. No one will pull a permit just to have someone else do the work, that's THEIR name and insurance on a sign forever and for what, a few hundred bucks? Doesn't make sense. Sub-contract out the install and permitting together.

And thanks for addressing our state with the proper prefix.... "Great" state of Texas.

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
More then anything else what the permit does is hive reference for uncle same and the county and state to verify income taxes were paid by that company on that job. The govt never cares about anything other then their piece of the action.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
A sign company may not necessarily need to have a TDLR number in order to install a non-lighted sign in Texas. But I can't imagine many sign companies doing work in Texas without getting one. Our shop is in Oklahoma and we even have one since we do work in parts of Texas on a regular basis. The bigger issue is local sign codes. There is a wide variety of them in cities, towns and suburbs across the state. The codes range from being very sign friendly to downright restrictive. Depending on the code it can make a difference on whether we even bother to bid on the job.

Crowley is just South of Fort Worth. There has to be a decent number of sign companies in that immediate area that can install a non-lighted sign.

gnubler

At first glance, I thought your tag line said "anal sucks".
With the right (or wrong) font, it could. Remember Megaflicks video store? LOL

megaflick.jpg

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Used to work with a guy called Clinton who only used the abreviated form of his name, and could only write in poorly formed capital letters.