• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

static and vinyl application

gabagoo

Now that winter is upon us and the heat is on the static issue arises. I find I can clean a surface as best as possible and even with lint free cloths but if your putting down digital printed masses of vinyl (even small 12 x 18 stuff) afterwards it always seems that foreign materials have somehow gotten between the vinyl and the substrate. For the most part customers may not even notice it and heck if I will strip it all off and start again but I am a bit of a perfectionist and it is an uphill battle.

Steve Werner

Try adding humidity to your environment, check with your inkjet manufacturer first. UV printers have been using humidity in their pressrooms for years to keep static down. Try and find a humidifier that atomizes the water if possible.

One of the places I used to work for did a lot of tradeshow, POP, and also work for artists - so we had an almost zero tolerance policy for dust and such... In my laminating/mounting area I used to run two humidifiers and I would also wet mop the floor a number of times during the day... Nothing like working in Florida-esque conditions in the middle of a New England winter. People used to look at me kind of funny because I would wear shorts everyday...

This place has carpets... I can't wait until January... it is already kind of pain...

i;ve never had any problem with any of them leaving any residue because you aren't scrubbing just a 'breeze' right over the material neutralizes the static. not sure about brands because i've either bought whatever was cheapest or in a pinch whatever was available (meaning whatever was at home).

SuperSignsMP

i;ve never had any problem with any of them leaving any residue because you aren't scrubbing just a 'breeze' right over the material neutralizes the static. not sure about brands because i've either bought whatever was cheapest or in a pinch whatever was available (meaning whatever was at home).

This works very well. I have even had to tape a dryer sheet or two to the press or screen at times.

Rooster

X2 on the wetmop of the floor. Works like a charm.

I tend to give a final wipe with a (just) damp paper towel to remove any static from the actual substrate. A swiffer sheet works just like a dryer sheet without the possibility of transferring anything that could decrease adhesion.