• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

static cling on vehicle windows

Dallas225

I have a client looking for static cling decals (or something thats removable that they can take off and re-use at will) to apply to the outside of a few of his vehicles (since they have tinted windows) and from everything I have found they seem to fall off all the time. I applied a small peice to the window on my truck and it didnt fall off, but this could be a "VERY GOOD" potential client so I dont want to sell him something that wont work.. He tried magnets on his doors already and had has problems with them flying off on him, I'm not sure what to tell him. Any comments?

smdgrfx

I just did cling for a customer and that worked until he took them off the first time. Nowhere to store them. He could never get them put back on as good as the first time. If the customer's magnets fell off, he's probably not cleaning the surface of his vehicle, not cleaning the magnet, or not letting the magnet warm up and form itself to the vehicle. I have this problem frequently with customers, even after I give them a sheet on "how to take care of your new magnetics". :doh: