• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static from Vinyl

Windrush Sue

Hi
Hoping someone can give me a good tip about avoiding getting some horrendous belts of static when working with vinyl and foamex (the worst).
Thanks in advance.
Sue

MikeD

stopstatic.com

they have all sorts of solutions for many different applications. as stated above, humidity plays a part too- humidity can help lower some static, but high humidity can also have adverse affects on some flexible substrates and printing overall

psbc2009

Static

I leaned up against the metal frame of my work table today after mounting a large digital print with the BS and got nailed below the waistline! Will never be the same lol. Wish I could harness some of that electricity.

Windrush Sue

Hi Guys - thanks for all the useful advise - problem now solved by good old christmas tinsel - dangle off the machine making sure it touches the floor - no more belts.