Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help static in print need help

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by scott dunacn, Nov 16, 2020.

1. scott dunacn

scott dunacn adgrafix

Aug 27, 2018
    alabama
    I have a mutoh 1204 vj when i print i get static in the print

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    What does the nozzle check look like? That looks to me like a bunch of deflecting nozzles that may be recoverable or the head is simply shot.

3. scott dunacn

scott dunacn adgrafix

Aug 27, 2018
    alabama
    nozzle check is good when i print a banner it get worse with the head on high could it be the humidity in the shop it is 30% humidity

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The humidity should be closer to 50% to be in proper specs. It's worth a shot getting that under control. Also, if you are on carpet that could cause static issues. Unfortunately that issue looks like more than static to me but maybe you'll get lucky!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

We had the same problem with our magenta head and banner material in winter. The first foot or two looked good and then the magenta head would spew in everywhere. We didn't print a lot of banners, so we would put water in a spray bottle and spray the floor of the shop to raise the humidity before we would print a banner. The right way is to buy a humidifier. Nothing else works, I tried grounding the frame and a few other crazy ideas and nothing but raising the humidity worked.

On a side note, you might stop getting zapped by the laminator in winter too...