• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help static in print need help

scott dunacn

adgrafix
I have a mutoh 1204 vj when i print i get static in the print

Attachments

• 20201116_163927.jpg
    20201116_163927.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 198

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What does the nozzle check look like? That looks to me like a bunch of deflecting nozzles that may be recoverable or the head is simply shot.

scott dunacn

adgrafix
nozzle check is good when i print a banner it get worse with the head on high could it be the humidity in the shop it is 30% humidity

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
nozzle check is good when i print a banner it get worse with the head on high could it be the humidity in the shop it is 30% humidity

The humidity should be closer to 50% to be in proper specs. It's worth a shot getting that under control. Also, if you are on carpet that could cause static issues. Unfortunately that issue looks like more than static to me but maybe you'll get lucky!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
We had the same problem with our magenta head and banner material in winter. The first foot or two looked good and then the magenta head would spew in everywhere. We didn't print a lot of banners, so we would put water in a spray bottle and spray the floor of the shop to raise the humidity before we would print a banner. The right way is to buy a humidifier. Nothing else works, I tried grounding the frame and a few other crazy ideas and nothing but raising the humidity worked.

On a side note, you might stop getting zapped by the laminator in winter too...