• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static IP Address needed?????????

DRPSignsNGrafix

Ok getting new DSL line in new shop. Big question do i need a static IP address? I want to you PC Anywhere software and be able to access my desktop at the shop from home. Please let me know so i can get this done. Thanks for all the help

jiarby

The IP you will use is the one from your ISP... if it is static then you won;t have to worry about it changing and you can always PC Anywhere in.

You will also need to set up port forwarding in your router unless the DSL modem is directly connected to the PC (not recommended)

Aitor

You don't need a static IP. There are utilities and services as mentioned that can redirect to your actual dinamic IP.
However, it's better to get a static IP if you have the option.

Check all the ISP in your zone and ask for the option of static IP.
Sometimes it cost few $ more or even free.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Thanks guys. The Static IP is only going to cost me an extra $12.00 a month. That's not that bad. To know that I won't have any problems, that i have a dedicated IP and will always be able to access the computer from anywhere.s Thanks a lot.