• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

static issue

petepaz

i have been having some issues printing on 10mil pvc
and the tech was here fixing something else and i asked him about this problem and he said it is a static issue and i can get a band or a bungee cord type thing that goes on the back over the roll of material to reduce the static
we have a roland sp300 and vp540 anyone know anything about this

petepaz

wow good thinking
to use one of those sheets since that is what they are for to remove static
works on your clothes why not vinyl
i will give it a shot

ChicagoGraphics

The cheapest way to get rid of static is to use the gold christmas garland, draped it on the back of your machine or if your printer is close to a wall hang it on the wall, static gone.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How do you print directly to 10mil PVC with either of those two machines ??

peavey123

The cheapest way to get rid of static is to use the gold christmas garland, draped it on the back of your machine or if your printer is close to a wall hang it on the wall, static gone.

How or where do you put the garland on your machine? Got any pictures?

ChicagoGraphics

You dont need to attached right to your machine, put in on the floor if you have to, but it will take out the static out of the air.

Gino, the 10mil PVC film equals about 0.10 styrene comes in rolls, Grimco sells it.