• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static Spray for Coroplast Boards - Product and Application Recommendations

A1PrintingSvc

Hello. I am looking for recommendations on Anti Static spray for treating coroplast boards and also proper/best application techniques. The person who sold us the Mutoh Value Jet 1608 recommended Staticide, which we bought. And my boss told me that when the machine was being demo'ed for him that the guy just "sprayed the board, wiped it off and loaded and printed". I am not having such an easy time as that. I have tried to spray the smallest amount possible on the board, double and triple wiped and even waited 30 - 45 minutes before running the treated board. But I always get these big blotches where the ink is not sticking - the blotches have a wet look to them. All help is appreciated.

MGraphics

I would just use Isopropyl.. spray out of a sprayer and then wipe... Maybe lower your head height some more... and if you can raise the humidity in your shop... wear gloves and you should be good.. that is what I used to do when we had our flatbed.

A1PrintingSvc

I would just use Isopropyl.. spray out of a sprayer and then wipe... Maybe lower your head height some more... and if you can raise the humidity in your shop... wear gloves and you should be good.. that is what I used to do when we had our flatbed.

Thanks. We do use 91% Isoprpyl. And have pretty fair results overall. In researching a problem that turned out to be static related I am now aware of the humidity situation. I think changing that situation will help too. Thanks again.