• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stay away from arlon 13oz banner!

0igo

last week i posted a thread about a 20ft+ banner i made that came out with white dots all over the material. i called fellers and they kindly replaced the roll with another arlon roll. Crazy thing is this one came out even worse!!! i tried wiping a few feet with rubbing alcohol but that didnt work, seems like everything was buried into the material. The streaks you see in this picture were for about another good 10ft. i also got hand marks and other random marks in the material. anyways just a heads up, hope i save a few of you some head aches.

Attachments

• 12721721_1232742706755107_1537791365_n.jpg
    12721721_1232742706755107_1537791365_n.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 12788056_1232742703421774_1766773265_n.jpg
    12788056_1232742703421774_1766773265_n.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 207

thewvsignguy

We prefer the Arlon DPF 313 13oz matte material, I think it is 1000 dener over the typical 500. We generally get it from Pioneer Supply in the 48" wide roll, can't fit a 54" in our printer.

We used some house brand from Advantage and had the same problem you have. Finding good consistent printable banner material is getting tougher and tougher.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is this happening on any other materials? The first picture in the bottom right corner looks like classic encoder strip issues to me.

300mphGraphics

Is this happening on any other materials? The first picture in the bottom right corner looks like classic encoder strip issues to me.

First thing I thought was it looks like the material was wiped down with alcohol or something before printing. I had some Avery reflective I had to do that with..

0igo

no just on that banner material. i had started the print earlier before that print and stopped it. after about 10ft or so lines were gone.

ams

Yeah I won't order the DPF 313 anymore. Was good in the beginning, now it's bad print quality and also the feel of the banner is hard and like photo paper, not that soft feel.

DirtyD

I love the 313DPF matte banner - just got a new roll last week and printed 20' with no problems..

0igo

I love the 313DPF matte banner - just got a new roll last week and printed 20' with no problems..

i order 3ft and 5ft wide rolls, their 3ft hasnt given me any bad prints yet, the 5ft i get them all the time

lgroth

Been using it for years... Occasionally get a roll with hand prints on the first few feet, I just run off 5 feet or so before I start printing. I made my own print profile for it, no ink limits, heavy saturation, sometimes have to run it a bit slow, but it prints good almost every time for me. It's not the best for sure, but we sell a ton of it, and for the price we get it for we're not losing money if I have to reprint one here and there.

0igo

Been using it for years... Occasionally get a roll with hand prints on the first few feet, I just run off 5 feet or so before I start printing. I made my own print profile for it, no ink limits, heavy saturation, sometimes have to run it a bit slow, but it prints good almost every time for me. It's not the best for sure, but we sell a ton of it, and for the price we get it for we're not losing money if I have to reprint one here and there.

just curios, anyway of sharing your profile? ive been using ultraflex glossy 720.720 profile