• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

stealth black reflective

Out There

Looking at other threads on this topic it appears this was probably printed on a thermal printer?

Can this be achieved using a solvent printer? To some how get that matte black look and still reflect white at night.

I've tried printing with 70% black and topped it off with a matte lam and the reflective properties are cut in half. Without the laminate it looks great.

I'm using IJ680.

Attachments

• Eggertsville Hose Company.JPG
    Eggertsville Hose Company.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Eggertsville Hose Company With Reflection.JPG
    Eggertsville Hose Company With Reflection.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 76

SqueeGee

Are you sure it was printed? I would layer it.

I would say this one is layered, also.

Could you do it with printing? We've printed some black gradients on reflective with our solvent printer but have not done a solid black in an effort to get this type of effect. My suggestion would be to experiment with some smaller swatches unless someone else chimes in.

Out There

Sorry, this is me being dense..what do you mean by the black being layered? The Engine turn gold is def layered.

Nat

Looking at other threads on this topic it appears this was probably printed on a thermal printer?

Can this be achieved using a solvent printer? To some how get that matte black look and still reflect white at night.

I've tried printing with 70% black and topped it off with a matte lam and the reflective properties are cut in half. Without the laminate it looks great.

I'm using IJ680.

We Print quite often on White reflective, but we almost always laminate it. Never had any complaints.

Were using a Roland XC 540 Soljet Pro3

Nat

phototec

Black reflective with the other colors applied on top of it

Yep, I would bet it's black reflective with the other parts layered on top of the black reflective.

I don't believe you can print 75% (or any real heavy amount) of black over white reflective and then have it reflect light as shown in your photo, the black ink would just block the reflective ability.