• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stealth wrap concept

wrapman jamz

This is the third all black wrap I've done this month. Basic but slick.

Three different companies looking to " turn the white trailer black and keep it simple"

Interesting

Attachments

• Servdoctor.gif
    Servdoctor.gif
    123.9 KB · Views: 117

letterman7

So what's wrapped - the truck or the trailer? And why wouldn't they just have bought a black trailer to begin with...?

wrapman jamz

Just the trailer is wrapped. It was a scrappy looking white trailer to begin with.

Saved some money on the trailer and wrapped it.

Pro Image

Not sure what the wrap cost, but they could have replaced white aluminum with black aluminum sheets for ~ $40 each.

Maybe they just wanted it WRAPED....!!!!! :banghead:

What the hell is wrong with you people......We are a SIGN forum....Not a re-work the damn aluminum on the side of a trailer for 40 bucks a friggen panel forum.......WTF.....:doh:

Nice job on the trailer.......:thumb:

I love all of wrapman's wraps. Just saying if I were a customer and I were going to pay wrap prices, I would take advantage of it and get a more intricate design.

And as a sign guy, I could put the exact same design on that trailer by replacing the aluminum and putting cast vinyl on it. Pretty sure I could do it more cheaply and it would last longer. Just sayin.

Pat Whatley

....I were going to pay wrap prices, I would take advantage of it and get a more intricate design.

And as a sign guy, I could put the exact same design on that trailer by replacing the aluminum and putting cast vinyl on it. Pretty sure I could do it more cheaply and it would last longer. Just sayin.

Problem 1: "get a more intricate design" which is the EXACT reason 99% of the wraps in the world are worthless. The wrap he did is clean and simple, a hell of a lot more valuable image than it would have been with 5 bad photos, some flames, and a diamond plate pattern on the lettering.

Problem 2: Why, again, do people in this business CONSTANTLY try to find a way to make jobs cheaper?

1. I agree that a simple layout >>>>>>>>>>>> complex layout that you can't read. However, if I were going to wrap my vehicle or trailer, I would want to take advantage of the strengths that wraps provide. Why wrap something if it's going to look exactly like a lettering job with regular vinyl.

2. I am not trying to make things cheaper for the customer, I am making things cheaper for me. I'd charge the same price as the guy doing the wrap, but I'd make more money for ME because my costs would be lower.

Flame

Problem 2: Why, again, do people in this business CONSTANTLY try to find a way to make jobs cheaper?

He's got a point, replacing panels would be the smarter option. Just quoting out the petunia on everything, not a good rep. Find a balance between making money, and helping the customer.

Like... who in town really likes going to the mechanic who always finds a ton of things wrong and need to be replaced for $900 when your car runs fine?

wrapman jamz

This was a half day "on site" job

In and out. I don't do mobile trailer rebuilding. Sorry

I have made it a point not to get my hands dirty anymore.

The customer is ELATED!