• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Stencil Lettering On Glass

klmiller611

It isn't dead yet. Yes, It has been dying for some time but there are more of us old-school "Signwriters" out there than one would suspect. The craft is enjoying a resurgence of young and old alike that have become disenchanted with what has become the norm and current state of the industry as a whole.

Unless you have some old can or cake of the "original formula", you could dull or scratch the glass. That was the gold standard for eons. The original formula was discontinued some years ago. Read the label on the newer stuff. "Gilders Soap" is what we use now. Apply a lather of the soap...clean the glass thoroughly...let dry...buff off the dry soap (No water clean-up or other garbel). Nothing works better!

Just out of curiosity and my interest in old products. Bon Ami discontinued the cakes some years back, but do offer cans presently of the "original 1886 formula" is that what you are referring to, or is even the 1886 formula a modifed version?

Johnny Best

$20
bonami.jpg
have 2 cakes left

SignosaurusRex

Just out of curiosity and my interest in old products. Bon Ami discontinued the cakes some years back, but do offer cans presently of the "original 1886 formula" is that what you are referring to, or is even the 1886 formula a modifed version?
The original formula powdered form was also discontinued not long ago but I see now that it is available once again.