• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

steps in gradation

Larry L

When I try to print, (from Corral X5 to Flexi 10 using a Mutoh 1204) a gradiation I get steps. I have set my Flexi to "SUPER" yet still the steps show up. Is there a setting in coral for higher res? I am exporting from coral to Flexi with an EPS file.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
When I try to print, (from Corral X5 to Flexi 10 using a Mutoh 1204) a gradiation I get steps. I have set my Flexi to "SUPER" yet still the steps show up. Is there a setting in coral for higher res? I am exporting from coral to Flexi with an EPS file.

Export from Corel to a 150dpi RGB jpg. Send the jpg directly to Production Manager. Set the bitmap Rendering Intent to 'Perceptual'. Assuming you have a reasonably decent profile, what you see will pretty much be what you get. Split infinitive notwithstanding.

Eps is the last thing I'd use to go out of Corel and into Flexi. If I simply have to go to Flexi and not directly to Production Manager, I'd use Corel's cmx format.

Jackpine

I convert the gradient to an RGB 150dpi and powerclip it into the vector. Send to printer as bob said in RGB color. This works very well when sending vectors and bitmaps together.

Larry L

EPS files maintains the colors (cmyk)well, also vectors gives clean edges and allow me to do contour cuts when needed, but I'll try out what your saying, thanks

Terremoto

+1 to what Bob and Jackpine said.

I like to export to an uncompressed tif instead of a jpg. It just avoids compression artifacts that sometimes degrade the image.

Dan

Jackpine

I don't print from Flexi. I export out of corel x3 or x5 as an eps and have had no problems. I do this with or without a cut line. The gradient was smooth and the color accurate.
+1 to what Bob and Jackpine said.

I like to export to an uncompressed tif instead of a jpg. It just avoids compression artifacts that sometimes degrade the image.

Dan

Last edited:

Larry L

I never tried to send a file directly to the production manager?? I have been just exporting to my print files folder than importing or opening them in Flexi. My printer prints CYMK and usually I try to covert my color in coral to CMYK if it is critical. (RGB yellow has a green tint) RGB Reds can look a little orange. However photos ( Abobe RGB setting) from my Nikon D300s look pretty good.

Tony McD

In the gradient fill box in corel, you can change the number of fountain steps. I usually change it to 512. Much smoother.