• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steps to fix slow, unresponsive computer

visual800

I guarantee you its the updates that have bogged down the computer. I would run avira av, ccleaner and mbam. I would definitely put another hard drive in and keep all info on this 2nd one. I have always reformatted wiped everything clean and redid it after of course backing all stuff up

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
Get a Drobo and store all your files on it. It's networked and acts like a server for us. It has it's own raid array so when a drive fails, you just pop a new one in and keep going. Keep your PCs limited to just your personal stuff and your files are better protected as well. It sucks when a hard drive fails (and SSD do) and you lose everything.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
These issues seem consistent with graphics card or related graphics driver issues. If you have a graphics card (not onboard graphics) try removing/reinstalling the latest drivers

WildWestDesigns

Updates are a double edged sword. On one hand they are needed, as no code is ever perfect (considering some vulnerabilities are discovered on Win 10 that have existed since the 9x yrs, the joys of having robust support for older software) , but on the other hand a lot of ancillary stuff is added to it.

Unfortunately, with Win 10, it's not quite as easy as it was with earlier versions. Even some hacks that I knew with the registry are no longer valid with later versions of Win 10 to stop updates. Bare in mind, with the rolling release nature of Win 10 (which also means that Win 10 is in a perpetual state of beta), older versions are no longer support and may no longer be supported by your software vendors as well. So while you may have Win 10 on your computer, if it's so old (>18 months), it more then likely is no longer supported. So there is a need to always be updated.

Even Win 10 Enterprise is more aggressive with the support for individual versions.

These issues seem consistent with graphics card or related graphics driver issues. If you have a graphics card (not onboard graphics) try removing/reinstalling the latest drivers

My dad was actually having the reverse issues with some of his cards in that Windows was installing the latest drivers that didn't quite work right with his card, so he had to regress to an earlier version.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
officespace.gif