• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stick to flat wrap?

We often have customers that want a vehicle covered with a flat wrap, and overlaid with cut vinyl. As far as I know, vinyl will not stick to flat wrap.

Recently we've seen a vehicle that a competitor did that was white cut vinyl on top of matte black wrap.

Wondering if anyone knows how to make this stick good, and last?

MikePro

i've only had issues with vinyl sticking to textured/carbonfiber vinyl. ...easily remedied by using a hightack like arlon8000 or 3m 680Reflective

ExecuPrintGS

Wipe the matte vinyl down with IPA and stick.
After install i use a cleaner and aftercare product since IPA can be rough on the vinyl.
Cut vinyl on my car has stuck on the matte just fine the past 3 years.

MainostePrint

It's sometimes about the manufacturer. For example 3M 1080 matte black as much higher surface energy than Avery SWF matte black. So in that case 3M works better for a base color if you put cut vinyl on top.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It's sometimes about the manufacturer. For example 3M 1080 matte black as much higher surface energy than Avery SWF matte black. So in that case 3M works better for a base color if you put cut vinyl on top.

We do 3M matte black with gloss black overlays all the time for a Spot UV looking effect on wraps.

Here is an image of a truck we did last year you can kind of see it on the black splash

Attachments

• Matte + Gloss.jpg
    Matte + Gloss.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 185