• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sticker Pricing Help

kroger

I have a hard time pricing stickers in any quantity. I have a customer wanting approx 4”x4” stickers. Any ideas on what I would ask? Quantities are 100-200. He is willing to order more if I drop my price. I would print them on 3651 orajet and they do have a certain shape I have to cut. Not just a square or circle. 3 colours printed on white vinyl. To keep costs down no laminate. They could be stuck indoors or outdoors as they are just handed out with a purchase. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:

E Coloney

I do thousands of stickers, mostly 4" size, kiss cut and then sliced into rectangles with a CARL DC250 cutter with my contact info on them. I get $0.99 each for 100, $0.89 each for 250, $0.79 each for 500 and $0.59 each for 1000. It took years to perfect a grid to use for cutting guidance. Also get a small set up fee if it's the first run and requires any art. I also add text alongside "REORDER XXXXXX" and then another: "SHRINKAGE IS NORMAL" because they can look pretty funky after a few weeks of shrinkage.

TimToad

We have a fairly simple calculator we use. The variables being the price per square foot based on material choice, whether or not they are laminated and how complex of a contour cut is involved for weeding purposes. We take the square inch measurement of the decals, divide 144 square inches by it, slightly round up the resulting number of decals that will fit in a square foot including a little waste of the media between the decals.

Example: a 4"x4" decal would be 4.125" x 4.125" or about 17 square inches. The yield would be roughly 8.5 decals per square foot of media. Let's say your price per square foot for contour cut, weeded and taped high performance vinyl with laminate is $12.50 per square foot.

For one decal the cost is: $1.47

Quantity discount percentage is up to you and EVERYTHING is subject to your individual circumstances on overhead and local market being factored in.

ikarasu

For stuff like this, it's easy to price.compre to online vendors like sticker mule and giant. 100 is $141... That's $1.41 per sticker.

Depending on quantity, material, and die cut complexity we go cheaper or higher. As with everything... Find out your base cost of material + time + machine wear, and never go below it.

Sure, the customer may order 10x as much if you drop the price... But if you're making 10 cents Proffit on a decal, that's $100 Proffit on 1000 decals. Where if you make 30 cents per decal and they only buy 200, you're making $60 Proffit to do 1/5 the amount of work, using 1/5 the amount of.material, etc.

We do quantity discounts... But never drop it low enough to not be worth it for us.

equippaint

I think the efficiency advantage peaks at a much lower quantity when running standard run of the mill sign equipment. I don't get the reasoning behind these big drops between 100 and 1000 or more when running a roll printer and hand cutting these things. You're no faster doing 100 than you are doing 5000.

CanuckSigns

I think the efficiency advantage peaks at a much lower quantity when running standard run of the mill sign equipment. I don't get the reasoning behind these big drops between 100 and 1000 or more when running a roll printer and hand cutting these things. You're no faster doing 100 than you are doing 5000.

Your administration costs are the same (talking to client, proofing, processing work order, invoicing etc.) So if they order more, that cost gets split across more pieces.
A
if there was no incentive to order larger quantities, clients would only order what they immediately need and be placing orders for 20 decals once a week.

equippaint

Your administration costs are the same (talking to client, proofing, processing work order, invoicing etc.) So if they order more, that cost gets split across more pieces.
A
if there was no incentive to order larger quantities, clients would only order what they immediately need and be placing orders for 20 decals once a week.
Im not talking about 20 but even so, sometimes its better to have 20 a week rather than 10000 at once. Theres an opportunity cost with large quantity.
For example, we have a $40k po for 400+ pieces blast and paint. Were busy right now. If it all came at once, wed almost have to dedicate all resources for 2 or more weeks to just this and forgo all other work we have sitting. Were doing them 20 per week until finished. Id way rather have that and can make more this way than in 1 lump. As it is, we can slide it in so aside from materials, its pure profit. Im not giving up anything to do it.
Point being, theres a level that high quantity works against you so why discount so much?