• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stickers advice

hammered

How hard is it to cut, weed and layer? This is my bread and butter so to speak in the very little part of "Sticker" world. I do up to 4 colors this way and make good money doing it.

fastcut

I have found that as long as your bottom layer has a clear backing instead of the paper, your transfer tape won't pull it up. And if you spray the top of your transfer tape and squeegee, the friction helps reduce the tackiness of the tape.

LaserImage

Wow!

Thanks for all the replies! I guess my email notification of replies isn't working, I didn't see anything past the first couple of replies.

The detailed explanation would work really well, I appreciate that advice B Snyder!!!

As it turns out, I ended up doing them in a single color - white. The second color was only available in Avery and I have had really bad luck weeding Avery - AVERY SUCKS!!!!!! especially when you consider the size of the letters are really small.

Anyway, the single color worked out really well, I had them done in about three hours - plotted, weeded, taped, cut and packaged. $450 job with about $10 in materials and 3 hours labor - I'm pleased and, most importantly, so is the customer.

Thanks everyone!

Gary

Now if I could just figure out how to weed Avery - the Oracal 751 weeded perfectly...