• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stickers advice

stickerguynyc

the trick is when you cut leave a space for the other color. cut you grab the whole thing with application tape and sticker the other color one.. it is hard to explain this with word... but it work.. pm me and i could show you how to do it.. i do those all the time

Flame

the trick is when you cut leave a space for the other color. cut you grab the whole thing with application tape and sticker the other color one.. it is hard to explain this with word... but it work.. pm me and i could show you how to do it.. i do those all the time

That works, but it's a pain in the butt. I'd still outsource them if I were you. If you really must do it though.... that's how you do it.

S

Sign-Man Signs

best advice you can get, get printed & collect the money, what the professionals would do.

Amen Brother. It's the real world dude. Buck up, make a small profit. Treat your customer right and they'll be back with something you can make a real profit on. The brain pool on this site is about 1000 years of knowledge. Listen and learn grass hopper.

LightHouse

Id say get them printed if you can. However.... i do these and they are doable with cut vinyl if the colors do not over lap. do them in 3 foot sections and cut them with registration makrs. tape one color, pull the backing, replace backing only lower than the register marks, line them up, flip and pull backing, then squeegee down and cut.

Bogie

Betcha he's referring to printing them. If you have good profiles, and can get dead-on on the colors, it should work.

iSign

maybe Bogie... but he just posted this method before claiming to do them in 2 hours, so I know his method is a valid solution... but impossible to do in under 1 minute each... for 2 hours

B Snyder

Take a look at the pic I attached.

The top piece represents a 24"x60" sheet of red vinyl. Note the .5"x55" red rectangle that has been cut out across the top.

The middle piece represents a 24"x60" sheet of black vinyl. Note the .5"x55" black rectangle that has been cut out across the top.

These show how they will look after you weed them out.

1 - apply transfer tape to the sheet with the black vinyl.

2 - tape the red vinyl sheet to your worktable. Do not apply transfer tape to this piece.

3 - place black vinyl sheet on top of red sheet, aligning it so that the black rectangle is exactly on top of the red rectangle.

4 - attach a masking tape hinge to one of the long sides of the black vinyl sheet.

5 - flip black sheet over on hinge, remove transfer tape and apply to the red vinyl sheet.

The bottom piece in my pic is how it will appear when finished.

:thumb:

Attachments

• 2colors.jpg
    2colors.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 190

LightHouse

The top piece represents a 24"x60" sheet of red vinyl. Note the .5"x55" red rectangle that has been cut out across the top.

The middle piece represents a 24"x60" sheet of black vinyl. Note the .5"x55" black rectangle that has been cut out across the top.

2 - tape the red vinyl sheet to your worktable. Do not apply transfer tape to this piece.

3 - place black vinyl sheet on top of red sheet, aligning it so that the black rectangle is exactly on top of the red rectangle.

4 - attach a masking tape hinge to one of the long sides of the black vinyl sheet.

5 - flip black sheet over on hinge, remove transfer tape and apply to the red vinyl sheet.

The problem with doing one like like that is you then only have two reference points (the ends) to line them up. doing so when you are new that is more of a chance for them to stick it wrong and have their only reference point pull up. thus why i suggest registration marks, i use signcut and they have boxes turned up on the corner, i usually do one every 6 inches no less than 3 on the top and it helps lining up when new at it.

D2S

You can always use clear transfer tape you can see what you are doing better. I do this when I do decals cause it makes it easier for them to install when they dont know what they are doing

rollerchicken

This is how I would do it. I also use a glass covered table with a light underneath to better see the alignment. I have done decals that required 4+ colors. As long as the bottom layer is immovable, there shouldn't be any problems.
And if the text is anything like what B Snyder posted, there isn't any reason it couldn't be done in 2 hours.

gabagoo

Snyders is the way we would do it. It's the way we do it when the colours are not matchable with print or they require a 2ml vinyl.

fastcut

GREAT explanation and illustration!

fastcut

As long as the bottom layer is immovable, there shouldn't be any problems.
quote]

What kind of tape do you use to tape down the bottom layer...I haven't found any that sticks to the backing, therefore movement is always a possibility. I go diagnal in the corners and go over them again in the opposite direction...but just wander what you do?