• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sticky situation : Controlling humidity levels

GP

Anyone have a problem with humidity controls like we do?

Printing and work room is approximately 1000 sq feet.

Current humidity is 73% but it has been as high as 85%.

I do not own the building and we will most likely be leaving in a year, so I don't want to install a central dehumidifier unit. I cannot plumb an over flow line to empty the bucket, so I need something on the larger side.

Anyone start off with these numbers and invest in a decent system to control them?

rjssigns

Do you have and AC unit or do you leave the doors open? If you don't have AC get that first.

For 1000sq ft I would go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a couple of their biggest dehumidifier units and put one on each end of the shop.

Tip: If you need more water capacity raise the dehumidifier so you can drain into a 5 gallon pail.

Signed Out

you should be able to run a hose from your dehumidifier and bypass the bucket. we have ours near an overhead door and the hose runs inbetween the door and rubber seal to the parking lot.

10sacer

I would kill for 73% humidity and I am in North Carolina.
We crank two humidifiers all day and struggle to get to 50% RH