Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stika sx-15 hellp?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by itz darave, Apr 4, 2007.

1. itz darave

itz darave New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    I just got a stika sx-15 after years and years of wanting one..

I cant seem to get the driver or dr stika installed on to my laptop or desktop..

im on windows xp and windows xp pro..

is there a way i can get a driver to work with illustrator?

any help will be appreciated!

thanks in advance..

-kc

Tags:
  2. mark-s

mark-s Active Member

May 11, 2005
    SoCal
    Try setting the sx 15 up as a new printer.

3. itz darave

itz darave New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    i figured it out.. i guess the drivers i been downloading werent the rigth ones.. and i check the roland site the other night.. and there was a new driver to download and it works fine..

now i just need a sign program.. since cutting straight from illustrator is the greatest unless i made grids so i can figure out sizes..

4. blackicefx

blackicefx Active Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I've had a SX-15 for years before I finally got my VE 40" cutter... talk about an upgrade. Anyway, for the SX-15 you should use Dr. Stika as it is the native cutting program for the Stikas... however, it is proprietary and anything you create in the program will be forever unreadable by other programs. Sadly, all of the customers' graphics that I've created over the past two years are stika format only...

Anyway, if you have any questions regarding the stika or Dr. Stika, let me know. I've been doing wholesale runs of 5000+ 6" graphics on my SX-15 and it's still running great.

Matthew
    BlackIceFX

5. TC49010

TC49010 Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Corel Draw will cut directly to the sx-15 and all other roland cutters so even if you buy the program, if you upgrade to another roland machine you are not having to learn new software all over again.
    I also started out with the sx-15 and thought it was a great little machine for what I needed it for.
    Hope that helps!

6. blackicefx

blackicefx Active Member

Jan 11, 2007
    sorry, ditto to the previous post. Corel will cut directly to the stika. You just need to install Signtools3 i believe to allow the cutter to read from the corel program. Just google it. You can get a free 30 day trial and then you need to purchase it. Purchase price, last time I checked, was $299-399... forgot which to be exact.

Matthew
    BlackIceFX