• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still dont know what im getting into

pacmn

well what can i say i live in sunny Cali ,Hope to be my own boss i took the plunge i just go a versacamm vp540 , all the way or noting , Hope to learn ,and contribute what i can.

:Big Laugh

signage

Welcome to the forums from PA....
If you have never run a large format printer you have a lot to learn may want to also visit printingdigital.net. Good luck!

Flame

Did you just "get into" signs and graphics? If so, you did so by buying a large format printer? WHEW!

That's insane. Good luck bro', you have a HUGE learning curve ahead of you!:cool:

Shovelhead

Kinda like....

buying a Lambourghini.....not knowing how to drive, let alone a standard.
I don't know why I get so irritated.

KR3signguy

Hey, lets give away free educations here online at signs 101
and make it real easy for others to flood the industry.
simpson-doh.png

JERHEMI

I certainly hope this guy has some experience in the industry or atleast has a graphic design background or business management background or something! Otherwise, he just purchased a very expensive paperweight! haha

Velocity

From what Ive seen here, as long as your charging an adequate market price for your area you can be tolerated. If you jump in and lowball everyone with your price two things usually happen.
1) most will not like you an will not hesitate to share that opinion
2) you will be out of business faster than you can say "I can do that job cheaper" Grin

Best advice? Have fun and if you plan on using photoshop and illustrator try using Google to find free tutorials. These helped me a lot.
Ask questions. Ask opinions. Read Read Read. LOL

GARY CULY

Well That Makes Bout 30 Newbys This Last Month ..30x12=360 Thats Just On This Small Board ..couting The Rest Of The Country ...thats Thousands A Year Comming To Take Your Bread Money .....i Know Theres Been 10 In 50 Mi.from Me "just Getting Into It" "spare Money In The Garage" " A Few Yard Signs" "just For My Buddies"...its Gonna Get Rough Right Here Before Long ,think Its Allready Started

Hey Igot An Idea .lets Tell Em All They Need To Know ,make It Easier!...shorten The Learnng Curve Mayby This Board Will Be Our Own Demise?

pacmn

Thanks for the nice comment, i was working in a auto shop on weekends doing small banners , custom decal and graphic, on a EnduraCut Plus 24 , i do know my way around photoshop cs2 ,illustrator , and flexi , and some web design and some skills in marketing ,right now i have a full time job working for Brinks , hope to expand my the business and keep the wife occupied hopefully take it full time, my goal is to be my own boos an dont take BS from no one.

I don't plan on making wraps just banners , custom deals ect but will see where this take us

o yea i hate people that under price thare work and kill the market,

The Sign Diva

Good Luck Super1631!

Do your thing! Work your plan!

It's always better to try than to have regrets. No matter how this all works out there is no lack of work, money, customers, knowledge or success -- unless you believe there is.

The Sign Diva