• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Still printing red.... new profile helped a little, still red though

depps74

I have a HP latex 315. It has been printing reddish on the prints. I think I have figured out that it is the printheads but did not realize there are 2 printheads for each color combo. except light cyan and light magenta. So I swapped out one of each. Was this a bad thing? I'm gonna get the remaining 2 tomorrow and swap them out as well. They have over 3 liters on both so its prob time.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have a HP latex 315. It has been printing reddish on the prints. I think I have figured out that it is the printheads but did not realize there are 2 printheads for each color combo. except light cyan and light magenta. So I swapped out one of each. Was this a bad thing? I'm gonna get the remaining 2 tomorrow and swap them out as well. They have over 3 liters on both so its prob time.
Did you get to try the profile I sent you?

johnschleich

You are on the right track with the printheads. We have both a Latex L260 and an older L26500 and once in awhile we'd get a cyan shift. We'd run a Printhead Alignment, and they'd all look OK.

What I found was that my operator was trying to do us right by keeping the heads forever. The tech at our HP dealer told us that most shops go beyond the HP warranty period, and 2x beyond is well within their operating life. However, when I looked we had some printheads at 8x past warranty.

Our QC check now is to run a Printhead Alignment at the start of any color-critical job. Look at the printout to see if a head is misfiring. Also, if we are running job that requires matching panels, like a car wrap, and the print out looks OK we then go back to the control panel and look at all of the the printheads' life. If any are beyond 4x warranty we replace them before we start the job.

Eduardo Massuda

One of the heads Magenta/Yellow is bad.

Find out the one is bad:
- home screen
- Settings
- Image Quality Maintenance
- Clean Print heads
- Print Test Plot.

* will print the heads status, head 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, all have to show up.
so Ex: If head # 5 is bad, replaced it and machine will ask for run a need to run a calibration.
* Also if you swap the heads any time a new aliment calibration need to be done
and " must be on vinyl media. " ( print will prompt for it )"

****** Always shake and shake a lot the new heads...... before insert in the assembly head.
even is new, if you don't shake well, you have a chance to burn the new head, ( it is in warranty..... We know)
But can happen and I have experienced 2 times..... since a shake hitting the other hand before opening the carton box.
and had no bad experience since.
if you don't have a extra head ....may have to wait another day or 2, or run to get a new head, depending where you at.
print a label (picture stick to the printer front screen, So anyone can check plotting the head status.

Hope this helps. Ed.

Attachments

• HP335-Status.JPG
    HP335-Status.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 217

dypinc

You are on the right track with the printheads. We have both a Latex L260 and an older L26500 and once in awhile we'd get a cyan shift. We'd run a Printhead Alignment, and they'd all look OK.

What I found was that my operator was trying to do us right by keeping the heads forever. The tech at our HP dealer told us that most shops go beyond the HP warranty period, and 2x beyond is well within their operating life. However, when I looked we had some printheads at 8x past warranty.

Our QC check now is to run a Printhead Alignment at the start of any color-critical job. Look at the printout to see if a head is misfiring. Also, if we are running job that requires matching panels, like a car wrap, and the print out looks OK we then go back to the control panel and look at all of the the printheads' life. If any are beyond 4x warranty we replace them before we start the job.

Why don't you do a re-linearization? Not sure a Printhead Alignment would improve color much if hardware, environment or media has changed.