Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stimpson 405 on the east coast?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by PNH Jake, Oct 28, 2009.

1. PNH Jake

PNH Jake Member

Aug 22, 2009
    New Hampshire, USA
    Hey everyone... I know this is kind of odd place to post this, but I couldn't really figure out anywhere better to put it.

I broke the cheapy grommet machine at our shop last night and I was hoping to replace it with a nice Stimpson 405... Only thing is the closest places I can find them are at least 3 UPS ground shipping days away. I don't really want to pay to have it rush shipped, so I was hoping someone might be able to suggest someone in the Northeast that sells themm

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I just purchased one of the (foam handled) dark blue jobs on ebay. I have heard terrible things about the cheapies there. Maybe $150 with the die. I used a stimpson last week and this new one I got seems very similar. The casting is smooth, weight is good, die holds the grommet etc.. I think the stimpson is great but at first look this new one seems about the same. They also shipped out of MD if that helps.