• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stimpson 405 on the east coast?

Hey everyone... I know this is kind of odd place to post this, but I couldn't really figure out anywhere better to put it.

I broke the cheapy grommet machine at our shop last night and I was hoping to replace it with a nice Stimpson 405... Only thing is the closest places I can find them are at least 3 UPS ground shipping days away. I don't really want to pay to have it rush shipped, so I was hoping someone might be able to suggest someone in the Northeast that sells themm

Thanks!

Salmoneye

I just purchased one of the (foam handled) dark blue jobs on ebay. I have heard terrible things about the cheapies there. Maybe $150 with the die. I used a stimpson last week and this new one I got seems very similar. The casting is smooth, weight is good, die holds the grommet etc.. I think the stimpson is great but at first look this new one seems about the same. They also shipped out of MD if that helps.