• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stimpson Grommet press (Grommets)

sfr table hockey

Looking to get some long neck grommets for my Stimpson. Fellers has one for Hiker and one for Fasnap. Need a #2 3/8 size but wondering if anyone has tried these or what to recomend.

I need to get some reg. #2 nickel but want to get some longer for thicker coro jobs and just in case jobs.

Looking for a supplier for both from the same place and they need to be self piercing.

If anyone has a bunch of long neck that they don't need let me know.

sfr table hockey

Looking to get some long neck grommets for my Stimpson. Fellers has one for Hiker and one for Fasnap. Need a #2 3/8 size but wondering if anyone has tried these or what to recomend.

I need to get some reg. #2 nickel but want to get some longer for thicker coro jobs and just in case jobs.

Looking for a supplier for both from the same place and they need to be self piercing.

Hikers worked.
Just wanted to confirm for any others that may want to know. Yes the Hiker long necks work fine in the Stimpson. Also they do self pierce coro.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

A #2 grommet is a #2 grommet regardless of who made it. It's an objective standard.

That all of the bigger name makers of grommet presses happen to sell their own brand of grommets does not mean that those grommets are proprietary and unique to that machine. Although they'd very much like you to believe that. It's the principle developed by King Gillette a hundred and some years ago and currently practiced by desktop printer manufacturers: Give away the razor and sell the blades.

If the dies in a grommet press are for a #2 grommet then any #2 grommet ought to work. I have a Stimpson and have set #2 grommets from a plethora of sources including Home Depot.

If some grommet press or another has dies that require a proprietary grommet then it does not use a #2 grommet.

sfr table hockey

A #2 grommet is a #2 grommet regardless of who made it. It's an objective standard.

That all of the bigger name makers of grommet presses happen to sell their own brand of grommets does not mean that those grommets are proprietary and unique to that machine. Although they'd very much like you to believe that. It's the principle developed by King Gillette a hundred and some years ago and currently practiced by desktop printer manufacturers: Give away the razor and sell the blades.

If the dies in a grommet press are for a #2 grommet then any #2 grommet ought to work. I have a Stimpson and have set #2 grommets from a plethora of sources including Home Depot.

If some grommet press or another has dies that require a proprietary grommet then it does not use a #2 grommet.

Thanks, its good to know that there are other options if a person gets into a pinch and needs some grommets elsewhere.

I knew the size would be the same, I guess my worry was more about the self pierce ability or if there would have been a different shape die for another brand of press.

Correction on the Hiker brand I got the Fasnap #2 longneck

I did get the Fasnap but was told the Hiker would not work and possible due to the self piercing, not for sure on that one.