• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stock Car Graphics (ID Kits)

acothran

Had a stock car driver (local) stop by today to discuss graphics for his car. In addition to discussing his car, he showed me graphic decal kits (ID Kit, Headlight Kit, Taillight Kit) that he purchases. He left me a Ford Fusion kit to see if I could print these. First off I want to know if there is a way to LEGALLY obtain the files (don't think I'll be redrawing those headlight in Illustrator) and rights to produce these. I made a couple of phone calls to Ford & Ford Racing and realized it might take weeks just to find the right person to talk to.

I don't want to get a barrage of responses about copyright, I'm simply asking if any of you even know if it is possible to get proper permission to print these. These kits are available on a couple of racing supply websites (look like legit supply companies) so there has to be a way. Any help is appreciated.

Allen

Attachments

• Ford Fusion Decals.jpg
    Ford Fusion Decals.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 106

gnatt66

take photos of the lights yourself...manipulate/vectorize/tweak...

print and cut.

the team that pits next to me did that....they wanted some vette stuff and five star/arp doesnt do that. worked for them.

i hate the things....stock cars don't have 'lights'.

acothran

take photos of the lights yourself...manipulate/vectorize/tweak...

I could do that with the lights but I guess I'm concerned about the Ford logos and copyright issues. If I take a pic of the grill and vectorize it, probably isn't a problem. If I take a pic of the grill with the Ford logo in the middle, vectorize that, I sense a problem with copyright infringement.

Allen

gnatt66

uh.....i guess you are right.

'the law' could put every provider of stock cah stickahs in the klink iff'n they wanted to, i reckin'.

stephenj148

I don't see a huge issue with the lights. You could even look around some of the sites like shutter stock and use some of the lights on there. I'd be concerned about the ford logos. Does the car owner/team/driver or whatever have any sort of authorization for the logos? Where did he get them from originally?

PGSigns

I print the lights and grills for some of the locals that run the Fusions and have the files set to fit the Five Star bodies that they run. I dont print the Ford logos. A full set from Five Star is only $54 for front and rear. Found all the pics I needed online to do them.
Jimmy

bayviewsignworks

Stock Car Graphics

I'm just getting into this. I've found a good template but I do need the lights, grill, etc. Is there a CD/template that has all this?

Wraps ink

those aren't from ford or five star..someone else duplicated them the five star decals are die cut and screenprinted

klemgraphics

i hate the things....stock cars don't have 'lights'.

Exactly...I always cringe when I have to install a set of these. If your "stock car" has lights it is way too stock to be on the track.

I had thought about taking pics of the real cars to make them on a few but always found it to be cheaper to just order up a set from five star and forget it.

Knep

ARP Use to print their stuff off an Edge, not sure if they still do or not, but when we ran dirt late models, our nose came with the headlight kit printed on oracal 651!