Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Photos Sources

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by prosigner, Jan 3, 2013.

1. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calgary
    Hey guys! :smile:

Hope you are all having a nice evening. Have any of you had success with any stock picture sites? So far we are not having great success.

Apparently for ShutterStock you need to incorporate your company logo onto the photo being sold for print but we don't want to do that as we are wanting to sell the photo as a print - not our brand.

Some other sites sucha s Getty Images seem to be offering their photos for around 600 dollars a pop for extended license!

Any of you have any recommendations for stock photo sites?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    dreamstime.com

fotolia.com

123rf.com

istockphoto.com

photos.com

I've never heard of any stock site requiring what you describe. It would only result in driving business away without serving any legitimate purpose..

3. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calgary
    Thanks for the suggestion, I believe the purpose is so that when someone questions if they acquired the image legitimately - our company logo would be checked with Shutterstock and they could verify that it was.

I will have to give Shutterstock another call..

Anyone else have any problems such as we are experiencing?

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We tend to use Dreamstime or take our own product shots. Sometimes DIY is faster and cheaper besides getting exactly what you need when you need it.