• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stock recommendation for labels/decals

Pideas

I recently purchased a Summa cutter to do decals and labels. I print on a HP Latex printer. We print contour cut, circle, square, rectangular labels etc. What stock do most people use for smaller indoor and outdoor labels? My customers normally ask for a thicker liner. I have used the Briteline IM 3222 from Grimco.

Any other recommendations?

Saturn

Aging Member
That's probably the best choice for cheap, reasonable quality, 6-mil matte stuff. If you laminate you can try the GF-202 or 203 which is thinner. The General Formulations stuff (which is what that Briteline is) is great for not having branding on the paper. Sold by many vendors.

There's also Orajet 3164, which comes unbranded, but I found to be inferior to GF-203. It would be great to use even a slightly better calendared stock, like 3165, but between the branding, the liner thickness, and the price point, there's just limited options.

If you can actually charge real money for the stickers, then the sky's the limit and I'm sure someone will chime in with the "good stuff."

JPR-5690

I've been a big fan of HPs new vinyl (Prime Matte Air specifically). It's thick enough you don't have to laminate, there's no branding, it works great on their machines, it's air egress and still cheap.

Last edited:

Pideas

Thanks for the suggestion Saturn. I looked up the GF203 and it looks like it only comes in a gloss stock but not matte. I try to stick with matte stock if possible.

I just started using the HP Prime Matte Air as well. I tested a roll out about month ago and like the stock. The colors come out great and it's at a much better price point than the 3M IJ35C material.

Goatshaver

I use General Formulations 203 for my labels and stickers. Nice thick liner. It's worked well for me over the past 6 months.