• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stolen Bike Registry?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My new neighbor of six months recently acquired a Harley with Kansas plates (we're in Michigan)...and says it's his sister's ride (she's an OTR truck driver)...

His story seems legit, but I really wonder sometimes.

Is there some sort of national Harley registry that lists stolen bikes?

JB

OlsonSigns601

How about so you know if you're living next to a thief or not.

Christ, you just think he's going to steal from other people and not you?

ProWraps

sounds to me like he's smart enough to drive to kansas to steal his motorcycles... i think you are in the clear. now if you move to kansas, you might want to watch out for the sticky fingered grand theft commiting degenerate.

rjssigns

Bought my wife's bike from TN and it was originally purchased in GA. My buddy got his '12 HD from Florida. I bought my F350 from TX and it was delivered with TX plates. We are both in WI so....?

supersignmart

Knowing how many harley's are stolen, having a friend who had his stolen and never located, also being the new owner of a 2012 Street Glide, I would be proud to live next to you!!!
:rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:

Sam I Am

A registry may help a bit, but you'll have to dig deeper than your neighbor will probably allow. Plates are plates..two bolts and there's another one. VIN numbers and VIN plates, a bit different. You'll have to do up close inspection to ID that one. You'll also find those numbers on the trans and engine case, inside and out.

Thieves are thieves and all are opportunists....no matter where they live.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Thanks for the info guys, but without going into a lot of details, this guy seems to have nothing to do all day but run up and down the road on this bike...when he's not tearing up the yard with his monster truck...or playing with horses.

I'm not saying that's wrong, but typically, the average Joe has to have a j-o-b to afford such things...but this is not the case. I've been meaning to ask him to explain his business model, but I thought that might be going a little too far.

As for neighbors...we watch each other's backs around here...big time. Hello?...I said this guy was a new to the neighborhood. He just blew in a few months ago and seems to have steady stream of traffic coming and going at all times of the day. Usually that's a red flag in my book.

JB

rjssigns

Could be a Lotto winner. I belong to a racing forum where one of the members is a former winner. Lots of neat toys and houses throughout the US. Told us how he deals with the $10,000.00 rule. If you don't know what that is you should look it up. You are not as free as you think.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
You are not as free as you think.

safety measures so we don't turn back the clocks to kings and queens and pretty things...

basically you can give away anything you want, but taxes are involved. If this wasn't in place the ultra rich would just keep sending their money down the family tree. What's wrong with that you ask? Just take a long look at the pieces of chit in the world like paris hilton....

CheapVehicleWrap

Thanks for the info guys, but without going into a lot of details, this guy seems to have nothing to do all day but run up and down the road on this bike...when he's not tearing up the yard with his monster truck...or playing with horses.

I'm not saying that's wrong, but typically, the average Joe has to have a j-o-b to afford such things...but this is not the case. I've been meaning to ask him to explain his business model, but I thought that might be going a little too far.

As for neighbors...we watch each other's backs around here...big time. Hello?...I said this guy was a new to the neighborhood. He just blew in a few months ago and seems to have steady stream of traffic coming and going at all times of the day. Usually that's a red flag in my book.

JB

Have you ever watched Breaking Bad? You could be living next to a meth lab! Could also be be one of those terorist cells. It might even be SATAN! Good thing you don't live in Jersey though... you'd have to quit your day job to keep up with everything.

Typestries

Well, if more people payed attention and asked questions like this, maybe 9-11 wouldn't have happened.

It's not what you pay attention to the matters, its that you pay attention to the stuff that matters.

HulkSmash

JB

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

how do you know he's home all day, if you're out working?