• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stomp Shear.

Farmboy

Tired of the inconsistent cuts from my Fletcher and replacing the bushings has done little to help.
My question is, can a shear cut 6mm ACM and also coro without crushing the edge. I'd like to not use the Fletcher at all and free up the floor space.
Thank you.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We cut 6mm with a hydraulic shear, stomp should do the same. Coro I dunno, the hold down will probably crush it

Billct2

We cut 6mm on our 4' stomp shear. Coro doesn't work though.
I had been holding out for a used 8' stomp shear for years but had a chance to get this 4' and so glad I did, realy speeds things up.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We cut 6mm on our 4' stomp shear. Coro doesn't work though.
I had been holding out for a used 8' stomp shear for years but had a chance to get this 4' and so glad I did, realy speeds things up.
Would probably need two people to step on it but price is pretty decent

Last edited:

JBurton

Signtologist
I cut coro on our ancient 5' stomp shear, no real issues with the edges unless you go slowly...

somcalmetim

I got a handheld electric metal shear for 4mm ACP panel and a handheld electric concrete shear for thicker stuff...got to clamp a straight edge on the sheet to run a straight cut and it takes an 1/8" ribbon out of the center with each cut but it leaves a fairly nice slightly rounded "safe" edge to the ACP panel...it can also do curves....I havent tested it on coro though, I assume it would crush a bit....we could never get our Fletcher to cut ACP straight...
A hot wire cutter like they use for airplane foam would likely work better for coro...