• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stopping by to introduce myself

jenhuedepohl

Welcome from Iowa!

Don't feel too bad, I have a cheapie cutter too. It gets the job done for the much-maligned "dabblers" like ourselves. I leave the real signs to the real sign-makers and mainly do small banners and temporary signs for local events. (With the occasional "stickers" for friends and family). Software is the biggest hurdle at your stage in the game. I already had design experience from my "real" job as a graphic artist so my suggestion is to play around with the freebie demos until you find one that works for you but pro software is the way to go if you decide to get into the sign business for real.

Firemalt

Well... I work for the fire dept., so I don't see myself leaving there to start a full-time business. Currently, I just want to learn how to design, cutter, and apply items. It's just something that has caught my interest, and looked like something fun to do, and learn.

Currently, I'm using SignBlazer... it isn't bad, but I have nothing to compare it to. It seems user friendly for a novice like myself.