• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storage of Vinyl Upright

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I have been searching for a way to store vinyl upright. Not very many options that look like the would hold them steady.. A few show holding multiple rolls that will even roll around.. I have look at wall mounting but that doesn't look to promising.

Most rolls are 3" core with an outer diameter of 7 to 8 inches. Most stands show holding four rolls wide with a total of 16 rolls but the stand is only 22 inches wide by 22 inches so the math doesn't add up there....

How is everyone storing their vinyl standing on end. Pictures would be great.

I may have to design something and build it myself..

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check these guys out - https://www.image1impact.com/products-categories/media-racks/

I've used their stuff and it works well. Should at least give you an idea of your options. Also, just in case you don't know, you can store vinyl on it's side, you just don't want to store it on a flat surface. So the wall mounts in the link above that sit flush with the wall are a good option. I'm not affiliated with these guys. I've just used them in the past.

JBurton

Signtologist
I've got the 'mondo mobile' style from a different vendor, I hate it. To get to the media in the back, you have to have room to spin it around or walk out from behind it with a 5' roll. I keep mine on the plastic holders like dominoes, I like to live dangerously I guess. And you're right, arlon's are superior, as long as the box hasn't been dropped on end too many times.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
+1 for the core holders, I just line em' up along the wall behind the printer. And they're free with every roll you buy :thumb:

Graphic Extremes

Knows To Little
I was going to use the wall mounted racks, I didn't think about the dust collecting on them. Going to make a wall rack the holds them standing up..

ikarasu

We built these. We have a long one across our whole wall that's 2 deep.... Holds like 75 rolls. One by the printer that's 3 x 3 and holds 9 rolls.... For when media is done but not ready to laminate because we're printing more media that uses the same lam, etc.

Very easy to make, and infinitely customizable.

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We have wall racks from fellers. We have 3 sets of them. Super easy to install. we went to lowes or home depot and bought wooden dowels and cut them down. They all work really well. I also have a wall rack that holds the smaller 30 inch rolls. Then, for extra, I have those cores that I stand extras on.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
1699978040640.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was going to use the wall mounted racks, I didn't think about the dust collecting on them. Going to make a wall rack the holds them standing up..

Save the plastic cover that comes with the roll and put it back on when finished.....:pops_blinking:

Ours are all standing on end on the plastic end caps. Saved them over the years, didn't know why, but the really big/wide stands work great. Never fall, unless ya back into one. Have about 35 or so standing around. Our die-cut vinyl is on a home-made wall rack

ikarasu

We used to use the plastic to stand them up.

Then Dumbass employee #1 swung a roll into one... and it domino'd about 15 rolls.

So then we VHB taped them together, and to the wall... and he did the same thing. :roflmao:

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
50m of face mount adhesive (damned expensive) made their way through the control panel of a printer. Was aked who I was swearing at - was talking to myself.
Started making wheely racks. Need to make more.

45 rolls is just painful to imagine witnessing.