• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Store Front Sign...

Red-Eye

I'm moving into a store front, and need to create the sign for the building.

I also have a double sided road sign as well, that I plan on using the same graphic for.

Here is what i came up with. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

The other two are to show you where they are going. On the road sign, i'll be taking the Flooring spot.

Attachments

• RedEye Sign-01.jpg
    RedEye Sign-01.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 60

ProWraps

i was thinking about using this shirt to promote my biz. what are your thoughts?

Attachments

• mr t shirt.JPG
    mr t shirt.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 62

MontereySigns

Imho

I would recommend just your business name and nothing else. Save the rest of the information for your windows for your customers to read as they get closer to your business.

-Bud

Craig Sjoquist

Well your design of your card is nice.
The pole sign keep simple, T-Shirts or sports shirts ..
Building sign just the name again, but not crowed like the flooring one.

Pat Whatley

I'm not a sign guy...

Apparently neither was the guy who did all the previous sign work on the monument sign.

Okay, I know the fonts are wrong but I'm just trying to illustrate this....If you look at the monument sign its typical white panels with red lettering on them. Everybody that drives by it glances over at it and keeps on driving. If you, instead, do a red panel (or any other solid color) with the lettering reversed out your sign will instantly become the one the eye focuses on every time somebody casually glances over.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 71

phototec

Apparently neither was the guy who did all the previous sign work on the monument sign.

Okay, I know the fonts are wrong but I'm just trying to illustrate this....If you look at the monument sign its typical white panels with red lettering on them. Everybody that drives by it glances over at it and keeps on driving. If you, instead, do a red panel (or any other solid color) with the lettering reversed out your sign will instantly become the one the eye focuses on every time somebody casually glances over.

Great idea Pat!

:goodpost:

grafixemporium

These guys are right. Stick with the name of the business for the awning and pylon. You couldn't even read that website standing on the ground in front of the building. The list of services is completely pointlessessess. Red is played out... but I guess it's part of your name, so you probably have to do it. Definitely take Pat's advice and do the opposite of what everyone else is doing on the pylon.

Your Avatar design looks cool... but you need reverse out the lettering so it's white on a red background. Otherwise it's unreadable.

Jillbeans

White lettering on a white board is a bad idea.
Especially prismatic with a drop shadow which has a conflicting light source.
A black drop shadow is too harsh and has more impact than the rest of your name.
Sign also has way too much info.
Listen to Pat, try a red background, and lose the weird thing on the left, and all other info but your name and CUSTOM APPAREL.
Love....Jill

signmeup

Yeah. I would delete the swooshy one with the chain link fence in it. Use the avatar design but do the letters in white so you can read them. And no bevel effect on the letters.

You also have a great resource there in what not to do... all over the pylon sign. (eeew)

SlightlyChilled

Why assist someone that clearly states that they are not a "Sign Guy"???

Cause we all are not D-bags....
1 He has been here scene 2006

2 He can make up a design and then have a sign shop make it for him.

3 We have sign people the make shirts and a clearly not shirt people.

4 He has a nice layout and was nice about asking the now the layout might not work with what he needs but is still ok.....

To end it off..... "Where do you get that he is clearly not a sign guy"... He might have 2 shops one for signs and one for shirts.

Last edited: