• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Store Front Window Perf

Berferful

When doing store front glass with perforated vinyl, should a liquid or film laminate be used? Is it neccessary?

1leonchen

if it on a vehicle i film laminate. i don't like the spray laminate i believe its crap (my opinion). i dont like liquid lamite also. i have a rule if the print is not going to be exposed to the direct sun i would not laminate unless requested by customers. sun i laminate.i charge premium for lamination. most customers want to change perf after 3 years so no lamination. i am printing with mild solvent not eco. eco only last 1.5 years outdoor before significant fading. mine i get 2.5 years, also i print my perf 8 pass more inks. for more life span. i do do temporary perfs no lamination 1 to 2 pass. also for vehicle i use premium cast 3m over laminate its more easy to install.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
also i print my perf 8 pass more inks.

I you're running 8 pass uses more ink, you need to fix your profile. It should not use more ink. Higher passes do not use more ink, unless the profile is not set up right. And using more ink does not extend longevity of materials.

1leonchen

the rip i use i can increase and decrease my ink density. my bad if i didn't explain. i also have a double pass setting that lays down more than the average ink used in say 2 pass. in my opinion i use less ink when i run banners 2 pass vs doing a vehicle wraps which i do from 4 pass to 8 pass depending on the job. i can set my ink density to +4 and it seems as if it is silk screened on vs 1 pass -4 density is is almost bleached out.