• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storing real estate signs?

bayviewsignworks

Customer is asking if we would store their signs. Sizes would be 4'x4' and 4'x8'. I suppose we'd do it on a yearly basis but how much to charge? We're charging for install/removal and travel. Plus they'd hopefully have us create the signs.

If you are installing, removing and making the signs.... I would not charge them if you have the room available. It's a huge favor you are doing for them and does not cost you anything!

signrios

i do the same thing you do
i do this for an old cranky realtor (owner)
its all e-mail and mail, i do the work, mail her the invoice and get paid.

i store the signs i remove from her and sometimes re-use the posts.

i don't charge her for storage, its only 2 or 3 at the time.

Brandon708

We have some realtors signs 4x8 signs in the shop for some of our realtors. We don't charge them anything. We have a nice size garage so we have the room so that is not inconvient.

A better question is what to charge customers who haven't paid or picked up their signs yet. That have been sitting here for over a year! lol

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have quite a few customers that we store their signs. We have the space and they remain loyal. We even store quite a few baseball 4 x 8's for lots of the surrounding parks, too. No charge to any of them.

We have however, recently, taken on a customer for which we store quit a bit of trade show display work and found out they were spending around $185 a month for storage. Since we have to go to the storage place to pick it up and then go set it up at their shows and then return the stuff to their sheds, we made them an offer. They pay us $145. a month and we will take care of storing it. Win/win situation. They save money and we save time not having to run all over picking their stuff up at a cramped location. It has saved us so much time, but that savings doesn't seem to reflect on their bills anywhere.......... :rolleyes:

B Snyder

1. Find out what the local self-storage place charges.

2. Find out if the self-storage place gives their customers free signs when they rent space.

TheSnowman

We store probably (50) 4' X 4' signs here all the time for a couple local auction company's. Then they don't have to drop them off, and they just email over the auction info. We do several a week, and they all just rotate in and back out, so it's actually easier for me to store them then to beg for them to bring me one each time I need it. They appreciate it, and it speeds my production time up A LOT.