Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storing real estate signs?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by bayviewsignworks, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Customer is asking if we would store their signs. Sizes would be 4'x4' and 4'x8'. I suppose we'd do it on a yearly basis but how much to charge? We're charging for install/removal and travel. Plus they'd hopefully have us create the signs.

Tags:
  2. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    If you are installing, removing and making the signs.... I would not charge them if you have the room available. It's a huge favor you are doing for them and does not cost you anything!

3. vinylbarry

vinylbarry Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Would not charge if your doing the work.

4. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    i do the same thing you do
    i do this for an old cranky realtor (owner)
    its all e-mail and mail, i do the work, mail her the invoice and get paid.

i store the signs i remove from her and sometimes re-use the posts.

i don't charge her for storage, its only 2 or 3 at the time.

5. Brandon708

Brandon708 Very Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Orland Park, IL
    We have some realtors signs 4x8 signs in the shop for some of our realtors. We don't charge them anything. We have a nice size garage so we have the room so that is not inconvient.

A better question is what to charge customers who haven't paid or picked up their signs yet. That have been sitting here for over a year! lol

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We have quite a few customers that we store their signs. We have the space and they remain loyal. We even store quite a few baseball 4 x 8's for lots of the surrounding parks, too. No charge to any of them.

We have however, recently, taken on a customer for which we store quit a bit of trade show display work and found out they were spending around $185 a month for storage. Since we have to go to the storage place to pick it up and then go set it up at their shows and then return the stuff to their sheds, we made them an offer. They pay us $145. a month and we will take care of storing it. Win/win situation. They save money and we save time not having to run all over picking their stuff up at a cramped location. It has saved us so much time, but that savings doesn't seem to reflect on their bills anywhere.......... :rolleyes:

7. LowcountrySigns

LowcountrySigns Member

Feb 13, 2009
    We are charging $50 for install & removal, storing is free. We're cramped but it is a huge favor for them.

8. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    1. Find out what the local self-storage place charges.

2. Find out if the self-storage place gives their customers free signs when they rent space.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    We store probably (50) 4' X 4' signs here all the time for a couple local auction company's. Then they don't have to drop them off, and they just email over the auction info. We do several a week, and they all just rotate in and back out, so it's actually easier for me to store them then to beg for them to bring me one each time I need it. They appreciate it, and it speeds my production time up A LOT.