• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storing used DX4 heads

kffernandez

a very basic question here. how do you properly store a used DX4 head?
is it enough for us to just pack it away after flushing it with cleaning fluid?

*the scenario would be when you successfully unclogged an old head after soaking it forever. :p

thanks in advance!:thankyou:

Jack Knight1979

I've never had success storing a head. I always flush them clean, but even if the nozzles are clean the electronics go out. They never run like they did before.

kffernandez

that's exactly what bugs me. i'm pretty sure it's possible. i was thinking maybe it's bec we don't have the right "storage fluid" of sorts. i noticed that our new heads come with some sort of fluid inside of them.

or that we just aren't handling them the right way....

Large Format

THe heads ship from the factory after being tested with a water based ink. You might consider injecting Roland pigment cleaning solution into the heads after cleaning with solvent cleaner.

kffernandez

THe heads ship from the factory after being tested with a water based ink. You might consider injecting Roland pigment cleaning solution into the heads after cleaning with solvent cleaner.

thanks! that actually makes a lot of sense. well, better than how i used to inject eco-solvent cleaning solutions. :thankyou: