Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storing used DX4 heads

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kffernandez, Jan 14, 2011.

1. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    a very basic question here. how do you properly store a used DX4 head?
    is it enough for us to just pack it away after flushing it with cleaning fluid?

*the scenario would be when you successfully unclogged an old head after soaking it forever. :p

thanks in advance!:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    I've never had success storing a head. I always flush them clean, but even if the nozzles are clean the electronics go out. They never run like they did before.

3. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    that's exactly what bugs me. i'm pretty sure it's possible. i was thinking maybe it's bec we don't have the right "storage fluid" of sorts. i noticed that our new heads come with some sort of fluid inside of them.

or that we just aren't handling them the right way....

4. Large Format

Large Format Member

Jan 17, 2011
    THe heads ship from the factory after being tested with a water based ink. You might consider injecting Roland pigment cleaning solution into the heads after cleaning with solvent cleaner.

5. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    thanks! that actually makes a lot of sense. well, better than how i used to inject eco-solvent cleaning solutions. :thankyou: