• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Storing vinyl

peavey123

Hey All,

Just a quick question that I'm sure has been posted thousands of times but the search isn't working ATM.
What temperature should vinyl be stored at? The reason I ask is we keep a bunch of vinyl in our garage and the temperature fluctuates a lot from night to day during the winter months cause someone who will remain innamed turns the temp way down at night. I think that the change in temperature is causing the vinyl to stretch. Am I right or wrong? lol Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most things shrink in the cold. Other than bringing back to normal temperatures, I don't see anything wrong doing this.... other than most vinyl becomes brittle in the cold, so cutting or weeding might be a pain.

peavey123

What about printable vinyls? (specifically 3651) I have been finding that the vinyl that comes from the garage won't sit flat in the printer. If the temperature isn't causing the vinyl to expand or stretch what is?