• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stouse????

"Deposit Please"

Lookn through the stouse catalog 2011. No location or phone number anywhere..Are they reputable? Just wondering because there is no info.

Pat Whatley

About as rock solid as they come. They don't put the location and phone number on the catalog so you can hand it to your customer without worrying about your customer contacting them directly. Your customer can see the prices since the ones in the catalog are retail price.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep - about as reputable as they come. Good company to deal with - quick service and response and for certain things they are more economical than us trying to to it in house.

onthego signguy

I have used them a few time and product s are way good, my complaint is that they deliver more product than ordered then charge me for it. If I order 300 labels and quote the customer on 300 charge the customer up front as I do on all my orders, then stouse sends 320 and charges me an extra 15 bucks for the 15 I did not order I can't go back to the customer and charge more. This has happened on every order so far. Next time I use them I am going to get a price and demand that it does not go over.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Pretty much all big printers and promo product suppliers do that.... orders are always +/- up to 10% or so. For them it's like us - I'm printing a 54" roll of material. If a customer wants a 18 inch by 70 inch peice printed they are getting charged for the full 54" width regardless. High speed screen presses are a bit different but it's tyhe same principle - they have slight over and underruns along with some waste peices. They just pass that cost on to the buyer.

I have used them a few time and product s are way good, my complaint is that they deliver more product than ordered then charge me for it. If I order 300 labels and quote the customer on 300 charge the customer up front as I do on all my orders, then stouse sends 320 and charges me an extra 15 bucks for the 15 I did not order I can't go back to the customer and charge more. This has happened on every order so far. Next time I use them I am going to get a price and demand that it does not go over.

Letterbox Mike

My only complaint with them is they seem to take longer to deliver than they or their catalog says. I've gotten into the habit of more or less adding 50% to their times.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Great company.
I demand the full run and they always print the extra 5% and I build it into the price.
The extra become samples etc.

Ken

I wouldn't have a problem to receive the overrun, but they shouldn't charge for it..call it a bonus.
Cheers!
Ken

J

john1

Stouse is awesome to deal with, I now offer many products i couldn't before thanks to Stouse

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you look at the terms for pretty much any promotional product supplier, high volume screen printer, etc they all have in their terms subject to +/- 5% or so over/underrun and you are charged accordingly. Always been that way as far as I can remember.... you have to build that into your pricing and explain it to your customers when selling them.

When you have some high speed industril press that cranks out 150 peices per minutes - the machine does not stop on a dime... takes it a few seconds to slow down and stop. Also can be due to the substrate size as well - just like us. If some customer wants a 40" x 12" digital printed decal I charge them as if they were buying a 54" x 18" to account for the roll width and a little bit of waste. Depending on the customer I often explain this to them as well.

Clear Choice

Stouse is a good company and I agree their delivery seems
to take a bit longer than published. Great catalog....I put
our own contact information on all the catalogs they send.

5% Over or under-runs have been standard in the printing industry.
Seldom have I seen an under-run. BUT, think about it, for the
manufacturer it's an instant sales increase for not that much
additional in materials or labor.

Many companies will charge you extra (usually 5-10%) for an
exact count.....sooooo don't fight it. Either use the extras
as samples or tell your customer up front the price is
X$ per piece and due to the nature of printing and the
tempermental nature of machinery there may be an over or
under-run for which they will be charged accordingly.