• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stranded in Vegas

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
now that i have your attention......i just got a phone call from my parents...they're in vegas for their 20th wedding anniversary...

apparently the 4GB SD Card they bought before leaving doesn't work in the camera....it's a Samsun Digimax 301 ...it turns on with the 4GB card in, but won't allow a picture to be taken.... if they put in their 128MB card, the camera works fine...

now the problem is that they're only half way through their vacation and only have 60pix left on the 128MB card....

the only thing i can think of as the problem is that the camera is too old (bought in 2004), and can't actually read the 4GB card....but could it read a 2GB card??

i've been searching the internet and can't find anything....any help would be greatly appreciated....

:thankyou:

and a free :beer to the person that helps (as long as they go to the NE Meet in September)

spectracolor

Sounds like your parent's camera doesn't take the New "HC" cards..
I think HC stands for high capacity.
Tell them to buy a non HC cards.

now that i have your attention......i just got a phone call from my parents...they're in vegas for their 20th wedding anniversary...

apparently the 4GB SD Card they bought before leaving doesn't work in the camera....it's a Samsun Digimax 301 ...it turns on with the 4GB card in, but won't allow a picture to be taken.... if they put in their 128MB card, the camera works fine...

now the problem is that they're only half way through their vacation and only have 60pix left on the 128MB card....

the only thing i can think of as the problem is that the camera is too old (bought in 2004), and can't actually read the 4GB card....but could it read a 2GB card??

i've been searching the internet and can't find anything....any help would be greatly appreciated....

:thankyou:

and a free :beer to the person that helps (as long as they go to the NE Meet in September)

Slamdunkpro

According to Dpireview the Samsung Digimax 301 will not accept SD-HC cards. So you're looking for a card smaller than 2gb. There is a fairly good camera shop on the strip between the Venetian and Harrahs. Have them take in in there and they should be able to get the correct card.

If they have a car there is a Best Buy on Maryland Avenue just east of the Wynn.

Supertprinting

It is likely that the problem is that the camera will not read more than a 2GB SD card. That is the case with other Samsung cameras. (I also have an older computer which will not read the larger SD cards.)

Note in this blog someone with a Digimax s600 (which presumably is a step up from a 300) had the same problem.

There is a Fry's at the end of Las Vegas Blvd which probably has decent prices on SD cards (but Fry's doesn't always have the best prices)

skyhigh

There is a camera shop right across from this place : )

Great prices also.

Attachments

• Golden Nugget.jpg
    Golden Nugget.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 74

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
thank you everyone!! just talked to my parents, they are staying real close to the venetian/harrahs camera shop.....i really appreciate the help and so quickly!!

anyone attending the meet in september, just remind me and i'll make sure i buy a couple rounds for yas

skyhigh, thanks for the picture...it made it easy to explain what the place looked like to my parents...

you got ROCK!!!