• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange banding issues on vj1204

Arstron

We was off from christmas until january 5th, since I came back, I have had a strange banding issues. My printer is set to wave and super fine, however I am getting strait line banding in my prints on all colors. I setup 4 boxes with cmyk for each box and all 4 colors are doing it. I have tried cleaned the head with a lint free towel, as well as tried removing the head from the carriage to give the head and carriage a good cleaning and make sure nothing was dragging accross the print. The PF Adjustment doesnt seem to effect it at all, neither does the head rank. Anyone have any other ideas what could cause this?

MacDaddy

"neither does the head rank"

I sure hope you have not made any changes to the Head rank.....

Can I see a sample?

Arstron

I have installed a new head...

I will post up a sample a little latter of just cyan, I am in the middle of a big job and cant stop right now. :/

Biker Scout

You installed a new $1500 head?

I had the same issue, but worked through it and I'm back to 100%

Your nozzles had a blockage, and can be cleared without much fuss.
Also, if you platen heat setting is too high it will help dry out ink in the print head.

MacDaddy

I have been called to repair printers that had the incorrect Head Ranks entered into the parameters of the machine. This will destoy a very expensive Print Head... If a person don't know what they are doing they can cost themselves a tremendous amount of money attempting repairs that they are not quailfied to do... I really hope you got it right...

Arstron

I dont remember the exact amount, but yes about a month after the warranty went out, first the pump got a hole in one of the tubes and had to replace the entire maintenance station, shortly after that, the head went bad. Last month I got a error code about the print head heater and the tech told me that code usually means its the motherboard, however it started working again out of the blue. I have about 3 more years on the loan so I gota make it last... :/

Anyways I am sorry I got my terms mixed up. The head rank was put in when the head was installed and hasnt been adjusted since. The orange adjustment lever on the right hand side is what I was talking about.

The nozzle check does work fine, however there is a line missing from all colors in different areas and magenta has two if I remember right.

I am still printing on this same job and will be tomorrow as well. Hopefully I can get a print that I can scan then or Monday. Also right now I am printing in quality 2, the banding isnt as bad, but its just so slow. Using the same graphics 2 profile I used before Christmas break it is very dull and the banding is very noticeable. It has firmware 1.18, I havn't looked recently to see if a new one has been released, but dont think that is the issue anyway. I have tried unclogging the head with the rag method many times earlier this week and also did a head flush on Monday, and also have used the syringe of course.

Also, I really hope that I dont sound grouchy, I have been working until 9:00 pm for the past 3 nights, its almost 4:00 pm here in missouri and I have 5 1/2 more of these graphics to print out. Right now, they are taking an hour and 20 minutes to print out each graphic that is only 23" x 80" and the customer is picking them up Monday morning. Oh how I miss the speed of graphics 2...

Arstron

Here is a cmyk print, the lines dont seem to show up great, but you can somewhat see them here.

Attachments

• cmyk.jpg
    cmyk.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 68